Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Greek Chicken with Zucchini & Feta

So, I wasn't planning on posting anything today, but I just have to share this delicious and sinfully easy meal that I made tonight with one of those Ziploc® Zip’n Steam® Microwave Cooking Bags that I had told you about last weekend.

I was running late to get home and eat this evening before I had to leave for yoga class, and I usually like to eat pretty lightly before I go to a yoga class. However, I'd already had a subway salad for lunch (also usually a staple meal on my yoga evenings because it's easy, fast, and light) and wanted something slightly more substantial for dinner.

I had found some meal recipes on the Ziploc website, so I decided to throw one together and try it out. The Greek Chicken with Potatoes & Feta looked healthy and easy, and I already had the ingredients on hand (we had some Feta left over from when Ben cooked last weekend), so I just went with that.

Um...delicious!

I did make an adjustment to the recipe to make it just for one person (Ben usually does his own thing for dinner on my yoga nights, so I just did one chicken breast). I also wanted to add an actual veggie to the recipe--because I consider potatoes a starch more than a veggie--so I added some zucchini to it, too.  Also, because I consider potatoes to be a starch, I eliminated the pita for this meal for myself--but if you're not watching carbs in your diet, then feel free to include a pita with this.

This was so incredibly easy to make--and so delicious--that I think I will make it for lunch at work on Friday. I figure I can toss it all in the steamer bag the night before, and just pop it in the microwave at work to cook and eat. Easy peasy!

Greek Chicken with Zucchini & Feta

Ingredients
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (approx 6 ounces, raw), cut into bite-size pieces
2 small red (or fingerling) potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
1 very small zucchini, halved and sliced (approx 1/2 inch slices)
1/3 cup (approx 2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Medium Ziploc® Zip’n Steam® Microwave Cooking Bag

Combine the chicken, potatoes, feta cheese, olives, lemon juice, olive oil, dried oregano, salt and black pepper in a Medium Ziploc® Zip'n Steam® Bag. Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into single layer. 

Place bag in microwave. Cook on full power 7 - 7 1/2 minutes (Medium bag) or 6 - 6 1/2 minutes (Large bag), until chicken is cooked through, with no trace of pink. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until chicken is done. Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Gently shake bag to distribute seasonings. Carefully open bag, and pour contents into a bowl or onto a plate.





No comments:

Post a Comment