Monday, December 19, 2011

Mmmm....Nog

I don't have another recipe to share with you just yet today...but I think I have a discovery that could potentially be huge this holiday season...

Let me start by saying that I love eggnog. I realize it's kind of a love-it-or-hate-it food item for people, but I love it. Probably because, as I recently discovered, it has tons of carbs in it--and we all know how I feel about carbs.

Anyway, I couldn't have eggnog last year because I was on my diet--and I was mostly okay with that, because I knew I could have it this year.  At least, that's what I thought...until I saw the nutritional facts for it when I was at the store yesterday. Um, 200+ calories for 1/2 cup of eggnog???  Even the "light" version had 140 calories!

As I was standing there, trying to convince myself that I could handle just having a sip here and there--and that I WOULD NOT drink the whole carton by myself in one or two days--I glanced over and saw that the Silk brand had come out with a soy nog. My first reaction? Bllleeeeeeeeeccccchhhhh--that has to be disgusting!  But I looked at the nutritional facts and was shocked to see that it had only 90 calories and about 15g of carbohydrates for 1/2 cup. "Now THAT is doable, and definitely worth a try," I thought.


I got it home and poured out 1/2 cup, and tasted it. It tasted JUST LIKE REAL, HIGH-CALORIE EGGNOG! Not quite as thick, but definitely as tasty!

So, if you're craving some eggnog but don't want to totally destroy your diet or daily carb intake, I highly recommend this!

Also, there's a recipe on the side of the carton for Silk Eggnog Cheesecake that I think I'm going to have to try out tomorrow night... so stay tuned!

Oh, and I updated my Fitness page with this week's plan, so check that out if you are interested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment