Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

New Year's Day (yesterday) was my birthday! I am 33 years old, and I am the skinniest and most healthy I've ever been. I'm in the best shape of my life, and it feels damn good.

I don't have a new recipe for you today--I took it easy over the weekend. I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around and to expect another recipe later this week.


Oooh, pretty!
How did I spend my birthday yesterday? Well, I slept in, had breakfast, took a nap, had lunch, and then went for a run. In my brand new, fancy running shoes. I got a gift certificate from my wonderful mother-in-law to a local running/exercise store, and I got these shoes last Saturday---->
I tried them out for the first time yesterday, and I have decided that expensive, fancy running shoes actually do make a difference--my feet weren't as fatigued, and I had no hot spots or blisters at the end of my run. Also, I ran 3.28 miles in 38 minutes, so I'm pretty sure these shoes made me run faster. ;)


The reason I married Ben: smoked meat.
My birthday dinner wasn't 100% healthy, but it was delicious. Ben took all day Saturday to smoke some ribs, and that's what we had for dinner last night. Well, that's what he had for dinner. I had some orange roughy that I sauteed in olive oil, along with some green beans (fresh green beans, steamed in the bag in the microwave) and 2 ribs. The ribs were delicious, but two was enough to satisfy my craving (because I DID start craving them once I smelled them), and yet still have a pretty healthy meal. No birthday cake for me yet, though--we're going out to dinner tomorrow with my in-laws at a fancy-schmancy, fairly-new restaurant here in midtown Omaha: The Grey Plume. I'm sure I"ll find some incredibly wonderful and decadent dessert there with which we can celebrate my birthday.

Did I mention I'm going for a run after work--before going to the restaurant--tomorrow? Yeah. I might run an extra few minutes just to make sure I can totally enjoy my dinner--and dessert--without any guilt. :)

Check back later this week for more recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment